Clinic for Neurology, Clinical Center of Serbia
Str. Dr Subotic 6, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
15th Epilepsy School
The Stanisic Ethno Village, Bijeljina, Republic of Srpska, BH, September 27-29, 2013.
According to the concept of the International League against Epilepsy and the criteria of the European Academy of Epileptology (Eurepa), since 2003, our Union of Leagues initiated the series (cycle) of Epilepsy schools.
First Epilepsy school in the series was held in Šabac, on November 28th 2003 and brought together 28 participants involved in the developmental epileptology from Serbia, Montenegro, Republic of Srpska and FYR Macedonia.
Between 2003 and 2012 the Union of Leagues organized 14 Epilepsy schools in Serbia and Montenegro (Belgrade, Podgorica, Niš, Iriški venac, Niška Banja, Bečići, Divčibare, Palić, Rtanj, Studenica and Sumarice) of varying duration. School programme is included in CME system. Since 2006 Epilepsy school was held yearly.
14th Epilepsy school held from 09th to 11th of November, 2012 in Sumarice (Kragujevac), with significant participation of students from the region.
15th EPILEPSY SCHOOL was organized by the Union of Leagues against Epilepsy, on September 27-29, 2013 in the Stanisic Ethno Village, Bijeljina, Republic of Srpska, BH
Main School topic: „Diagnostic and therapy of epilepsies: new answers on old questions? “
Pharmaceutical companies partly supported the organization of the 15th Epilepsy School. No special promotion of any antiepileptic drug is encouraged.
Organizer: Union of Leagues against Epilepsy
Manager of the educative program: Prof.Dr Nebojsa JOVIĆ, EUREPA trainer
School Secretaries: Dr. Predrag IGNJATOVIC, Dr.Milan BORKOVIC
Local Organizer: Dr. Dalibor TOMIĆ
- Fourteenth Epilepsy School rallied invited students from Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro. The course was limited to a maximum of 35 applicants to allow an optimal level of interaction with the trainees. Applicants were selected on the basis of their submitted case report paper.
- Whole-day work was realized on September 27-29, 2013.
- Plenary lectures, case reports, prepared by participants, tutorials, moderator’s presentation on selected topics, case oriented learning and small group work were the didactic format of the School.
- Applicants, who successfully realized the Workshop program, received the CERTIFICATE.
- Workshop was accredited and included in CME.
By decision No. 153-02-2848/2013-01 from 16.08.2013, the Health Council of Serbia has accredited program „Diagnostic and therapy of epilepsies: new answers on old questions?“ (А-1-1919/13) as the 1st category educational course and awarded 6/12 points for participants/lecturers.
The School manual was printed in a form of Proceedings entitled „Diagnostic and therapy of epilepsies: new answers on old questions “(ISBN 86-84963-60-6) and included integral texts or slide-handouts of lectures. That material was distributed to all applicants before the education.
Registration fee of 130 Eur (payment was made in Serbian dinars) included: admission to the educational program, accommodations, Workshop material (Book of Proceedings or Hand-outs), coffee breaks, lunch, get-together reception, dinner – farewell party and Certificate of attendance. Travel expenses are not included.
Number of participants was restricted to 36.
** Participation in both 3rd EEG Workshop and 15th Epilepsy School: registration fee – 150 Euro
Hotel „Pirg“, The Stanisic Ethno Village, Bijeljina, Republic of Srpska, BH
Hotel- address: Hotel “PIRG” Pavlovica put bb. Bijeljina, Republic of Srpska Reception Tel/Fax: +387 55 350 306
E-mail:email@example.com web site: (www.etno-selo.com)
1. Prof. dr Nebojša JOVIĆ, Belgrade
2. Prof. dr Dragoslav SOKIĆ, Belgrade
3. Prof. dr Marija Knežević-POGANČEV, Novi Sad
4. Prof. dr Ksenija BOŽIĆ, Novi Sad
5. Prof. dr Slobodan SAVIĆ, Belgrade
6. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ksenija Gebauer-BUKUROV, Novi Sad
7. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Jelena OSTOJIĆ, Novi Sad
8. Assoc.Prof. dr Goran TASIĆ, Belgrade
9. Ass. Dr. Stevo LUKIĆ, Niš
10. Ass. Dr. Nikola VOJVODIĆ, Belgrade
11. Ass. Dr. Aleksandar RISTIĆ, Belgrade
12. Ass. Dr. Ruzica KRAVLJANAC, Belgrade
13. Dr Milan BORKOVIĆ, Belgrade
Family names are cited in alphabetical order
1. Dr. ALEKSIĆ Vuk Belgrade
2. Dr. BАBIĆ Miloš Belgrade
3. Dr. BEАTOVIĆ Maja Subotica
4. Dr. BIŠEVАC Boban Kosovska Mitrovica
5. Dr. BRKIĆ Radmila Prijedor, RS, BH
6. Dr. BUDАKOV Milka Novi Sad
7. Dr. DEJАNOVIĆ Ivana Belgrade
8. Dr. Salkanović-DELIBEGOVIĆ Sabina Tuzla, BH
9. Dr. ĐEKIĆ-BUNJАC Dubravka Belgrade
10. Dr. IGNJАTOVIĆ Predrag Belgrade
11. Dr. ILIĆ Ivan Pirot
12. Dr. JАPАLАK Snežana Belgrade
13. Dr. JOVАNOVIĆ Dragoslava Belgrade
14. Dr. JOVАNOVIĆ Gordana Kragujevac
15. Dr. KАTАNА Davorka Banja Luka, RS BH
16. Dr. KOSАĆ Аna Belgrade
17. Dr. KOVАČEVIĆ Maša Belgrade
18. Dr. KRSTOJEVIĆ Аleksandar Kruševac
19. Dr. LUKIĆ Jeka Bijeljina, RS, BH
20. Dr. MАRKOVIĆ Gordana Kruševac
21. Dr. MITIĆ Vesna Belgrade
22. Dr. MUSTАFIĆ Nevzeta Tuzla, BH
23. Dr. MUJKIĆ Samir Brčko, BH
24. Dr. Krstić-NENАDIĆ Vesna Užice
25. NIKOLIĆ Živan Brčko, BH
26. Dr. NOVАKOVIĆ Nina Leskovac
27. Dr. NUMАNOVIĆ Аmela Tuzla, BH
28. Dr. OBRАDOVIĆ Danka Banja Luka, RS, BH
29. Dr. OSTOJIĆ Saњa Belgrade
30. Dr. PETROVIĆ Miroslav Paraćin
31. Dr. SERDАR Аleksandra Banja Luka RS, BH
32. Dr. SIMIĆ Elvira Banja Luka, RS, BH
33. Dr. STEVАNOVIĆ Galina Belgrade
34. Dr. TOMIĆ Dalibor Banja Luka RS, BH
35. Prim. Dr. ĆERАNIĆ Mirjana Valjevo
36. Dr. CEKIĆ Bora Belgrade
37. Dr. ŠKRIJELJ Fadilj Novi Pazar
A Group of 37 students finished the 14th Epilepsy School.
During nice autumn Saturday, on September 28th, 2013 School participants had opportunity to visit the newly built and architecturally challenging Serbian orthodox monastery of St. Parascheva in five lakes (Bijeljina).
On Sunday, 29th September 2013 after completion of the Epilepsy School, in the afternoon, a group of organizers and participants visited His Eminence, Bishop Chrysostomos of Zvornik and Tuzla in the Bishop’s Palace in Bijeljina. In a very friendly, hospitable atmosphere, Bishop Chrysostomos gave fatherly blessing to our educational meeting and to all the participants of the School. (Picture Gallery)
Union of Leagues against Epilepsy and Workshop and School Organizers acknowledges (alphabetical order) Alkaloid, GlaxoSmithKline, Hemofarm, Janssen-Cilag, Medis, Novartis-oncology – representative offices in Serbia and to Preventiva, company for the ecology and safety at work (Banja Luka), for significant support and help.
Special thanks go to Dr. Dalibor Tomic, who has put special effort as the host and local organizer, for selecting the venue of both workshop and School and for providing optimal working conditions for participants and moderators. His contribution to the logistical support, and web site presentation of these events was significant.
Thanks go to Prim.Dr. Andja Nikolic (Brcko) for the nice logistical assistance and support.
To Mr. Vladan Milanovic who provided the transport of participants in comfortable and modern bus to the Stanisic Ethno Village, Bijeljina, Republic of Srpska.
4th EEG Workshop and 15th Epilepsy School of the Union of Leagues against Epilepsy will be organized during November, 2014. The venue will be in Morovic (Sremska Mitrovica).
Text prepared by:
Prof.Dr. N. Jovic
Dr. M. Babić