Clinic for Neurology, Clinical Center of Serbia
Str. Dr Subotic 6, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
4th Epilepsy School
Fourth Epilepsy School was organized by the Yugoslav Union of Leagues Against Epilepsy and Continuing education center of Medical Faculty, University of Belgrade. It has taken place in Belgrade, on October 28, 2004. in a framework of the 2nd Epilepsy Congress of Serbia and Montenegro (October 28-31, 2004, Belgrade) .
The 4th school was primarily targeted at applicants interested in epileptology and who wish to refine their skills in the pathophysiology, diagnosis and management of epilepsy in patients, through the different ages. Physicians who are pursuing their training or have specialized in neurology, neuropsychiatry, pediatric neurology, pediatrics and clinical neurophysiology were welcome to apply.
• Fourth Epilepsy School rallied invited students from Serbia, Montenegro and Republic of Macedonia. Applicants were selected on the basis of their case report paper submitted. The course was limited to a maximum of 30 applicants to allow an optimal level of interaction with the trainees.
• Half-day Educational programe (from 09.00 till 13.00 hrs) was provided.
• Pharmaceutical company Janssen-Cilag supported the organization of the 3rd School.
• No special promotion of any antiepileptic drug is encouraged during the Epilepsy School.
• Applicants who successfully realized the School program, will receive SERTIFICAT. Formal attendance to the presentations was not eligible.
• According to the Credit point system for educational courses with activities with medium size participation and comprising the work in small groups, this 4th Epilepsy School organized by the Yugoslav ILAE Chapter is entitled for certain CPs Credit Points.
• On behalf of the Yugoslav Union of Leagues Against Epilepsy the 4th Epilepsy School was organized by Assoc.Prof. Nebojša Jović, Certified EUREPA trainer.
• School Moderator was Assoc.Prof.Dr Dragoslav V. Sokic
• Assist. Prof. Jasna Jančić-Stefanović, Dr. Nikola Vojvodić and Dr. Predrag Ignjatović were the Technical Organizers of the School.
Educative Programme, Topics, Lists of invited speakers and applicants are also available.
President of the Yugoslav ILAE Chapter
TOPICS AND LECTURERS
Epilepsy and comorbidity in elderly
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ksenija Bozic (Novi Sad)
Acute, transient paroxysmal disorders in childhood
.Prof.Dr. Marija Kuturec (Skoplje)
Epilepsy and migraine
.Prof.Dr. Zarko Martinovic (Beograd)
Chronic side-effects of antiepileptic drugs
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Dragoslav Sokic
List of topics was selected upon suggestions maded by students in the Application forms and according to the main Congress topic of Epilepsy and Co-morbidity.
Speakers were asked to timely prepare and submit either integral texts or hand-outs of theirs power-point presentations. This material was printed in a form of good quality manual entitled «Epilepsies and their comorbidities II ” and distributed to all applicants before the school.
According to the rules for accreditation of courses, maded by the European Epilepsy Academy, the presentation of each speaker was evaluated. The evaluation sheets were distributed at the entrance and collected after the communications.
• dr Milan BORKOVIĆ, Belgrade
• dr Vesna BRANKOVIĆ, Belgrade
• Asist.Prof. dr Slavica VUJISIĆ, Podgorica
• dr Dragana VUČINIĆ, Belgrade
• dr Milko DEMERDžIEV, Skopje
• dr Ana DIMOVA, Bitolj
• dr Dragana ĐORĐEVIĆ, Mladenovac
• dr Predrag IGNjATOVIĆ, Belgrade
• dr Andrej ILANKOVIĆ, Belgrade
• dr Ana ILIĆ, Kraljevo
• dr Jasna JANČIĆ-STEFANOVIĆ, Belgrade
• dr Rodna KOZOLOSKA, Skopje
• dr Radovan KOSTIĆ, Vranje
• dr Biljana KOHEN, Belgrade
• dr Lidija MARKOVSKA, Skopje
• dr Dejan MILIVOJEVIĆ, Petrovac na Mlavi
• dr Dragica MILIKIĆ, Podgorica
• dr Maja MILOVANOVIĆ, Belgrade
• dr Olga MILOJKOVIĆ, Niš
• dr Snežana MIHAJLOVIĆ, Vranje
• dr Jelena MLADENOVIĆ, Belgrade
• dr Snežana RADOSAVLjEVIĆ, Belgrade
• dr Željko RADIĆ, Belgrade
• dr Dojranka STANKOVIĆ-JANKOVIĆ, Niš
• dr Marija STEVIĆ-MAJOR, Subotica
• dr Suzana TRAJKOSKA, Prilep
• dr Milorad ĆELIČANIN, Trstenik
A Group of 27 students finished the 4th Epilepsy School.
Each School applicant was asked to prepare one case report from his own clinical epileptological practice and to submit it til September 1st, 2005.
Two options were suggested: Case report could be:
а) clear and simple, regarding clinical semeiology, diagnostic, treatment and methodology to
illustrate routine experience with epileptic children or
b) specific and with some difficulties in diagnostic, classification and therapeutic strategy and
showing some unusual clinical features
Case report was prepared as a manuscript with no obligatory platform presentation. Reported cases are furher discussed.
Case reports are organized as a small -group work. Speakers were moderators.
All case reports were separately assessed by 3 school trainees. Each moderator was asked to assess the quality of case reported, comprising : 1. Anamnesis and Classification, 2. Diagnostics, 3. Therapeutic decision, 4. Terminiology and 5. Conclusions.
dr Milan BORKOVIĆ, Belgrade
dr Vesna BRANKOVIĆ, Belgrade
Asist.Prof. dr Slavica VUJISIĆ, Podgorica
dr Dragana VUČINIĆ, Belgrade
dr Milko DEMERDžIEV, Skopje
dr Ana DIMOVA, Bitolj
dr Dragana ĐORĐEVIĆ, Mladenovac
dr Predrag IGNjATOVIĆ, Belgrade
dr Andrej ILANKOVIĆ, Belgrade
dr Ana ILIĆ, Kraljevo
dr Jasna JANČIĆ-STEFANOVIĆ, Belgrade
dr Rodna KOZOLOSKA, Skopje
dr Radovan KOSTIĆ, Vranje
dr Biljana KOHEN, Belgrade
dr Lidija MARKOVSKA, Skopje
dr Dejan MILIVOJEVIĆ, Petrovac na Mlavi
dr Dragica MILIKIĆ, Podgorica
dr Maja MILOVANOVIĆ, Belgrade
dr Olga MILOJKOVIĆ, Niš
dr Snežana MIHAJLOVIĆ, Vranje
dr Jelena MLADENOVIĆ, Belgrade
dr Snežana RADOSAVLjEVIĆ, Belgrade
dr Željko RADIĆ, Belgrade
dr Dojranka STANKOVIĆ-JANKOVIĆ, Niš
dr Marija STEVIĆ-MAJOR, Subotica
dr Suzana TRAJKOSKA, Prilep
dr Milorad ĆELIČANIN, Trstenik
A Group of 27 students finished the 4th Epilepsy School.
Yugoslav Union of Leagues against Epilepsy acknowledges to Janssen-Cilag– representative office in Serbia for significant support and help.
Special thanks are expressed to Medical-Military Academy in Belgrade for welcome reception, technical support and very nice and highly professional cooperation with School Organizers.
4th EpilepsySchool of the Yugoslav Union of Leagues Against Epilepsy will be organized at the beginning of April, 2005. It will take place in the city of Nis.